Thursday, April 21, 2011

HOPEFULLY THE START OF SOMETHING GREAT!

I have never made a blog before but a few of my friends on Facebook have one and I thought it would be a pretty cool idea to give it a shot. I have no idea what to write but I'm just going with it and maybe I'll even become a better writer. :)
This is my last week of school before finals week which is supposed to start May 2nd but my lovely boyfriend bought tickets to go to Colorado for my grandparents 59th wedding anniversary and my grandpa's birthday as my Christmas present this past year. He didn't think about exams though so I'm taking them alittle early since we are leaving May 2nd. I can't wait to get out there. I LOVE Colorado. It's just breath taking. The mountains are such a beautiful thing to wake up too every morning. We went in November of last year for Veterans Day so we could spend it with my grandpa and also visit a really good friend of mine, Ms. Shoffner. Once we got into Denver we headed straight for alittle town called Fresco with Ms. Shoffner. We spent the night and had a wonderful time then the next day we drove back down the mountain to Colorado Springs. On Veterans Day we went to an awards ceremony with my grandpa and grandma for the Greatest Generation Medallion for World War II Veterans. My grandma was accepting an award on behalf of her brother (my great Uncle Paul who passed away). Before we got there my grandma asked me if I would like to present her with the award. It was an amazing experience and I was so honored to be a part of it. Our trip was such a great trip and I am so happy Will got to meet all of the important people in my family. We can't wait till we get to go back! Here are a few pictures from our trip!  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment