Wednesday, May 18, 2011

COLORADO!

We had an amazing trip to Colorado, as we knew we would. I flew out Monday, May 2nd and had a great night at home with Ms. Shoffner, my wonderful 7th grade counselor who after 10 years has still remained a huge part of my life. We made dinner and had a great night just talking and catching up. Tuesday we woke up and it was so beautiful. Colorado is the most beautiful place I've ever been too. It takes my breath away every time we go out there.
We spent the day walking around the Broadmore, the only 5 star hotel out west, or something like that. That night we had dinner with Ms. Shoffner's four girl friends. They were very funny and we had a great time.
Will had to fly out Wednesday afternoon because finally after being out of school almost a year we finally heard back from a police agency for an interview. He rescheduled his flight for later that day after the interview. We knew it was the best choice to make. It was my Papa's 87th birthday so before we had to go to the airport I went and spent a few hours with my grandparents. I had a great afternoon with them. It was a nice day so we got to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. Papa's health is doing really good compared to how it was a few months ago. That night Ms. Shoffner and I went and got Will and went back home.
Thursday we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It was awesome. I've never been to a zoo before so it was alot of fun. The giraffes are eye level with you and you can feed them. It was really neat.
Later that evening we went to dinner at Chili's with my Aunt, Uncle, Grandma, and Papa to celebrate their anniversary which was Tuesday and Papa's birthday Wednesday. It was nice to be together and spend the evening with them. After dinner we went back to Aunt Cheri's house and watch Papa and Grandma's 50th anniversary video. It was really neat to look back only 9 years and how far they've come since then. I hope that I get to experience love like that. It really is a blessing to witness.
Friday we went to this town called Cripple Creek it's back in the mountains so the drive there and back is very windy and nothing like the roads in Florida. We went and gambled alittle bit and had a fun time just sight seeing. I got to collect a few pennies for Mr. Bug, my best friends dad who is a huge penny collector. :) That evening we went to Papa and Grandma's and spent the evening in Papa's man cave looking at his WWII stuff. He has so many neat things. He gave me three more of his medals from WWII. It was such a great gift and a wonderful part of history.
Saturday, my aunt, uncle, and grandparents all went to take family pictures at Jcpenny's as their anniversary/birthday/mothers day gifts. It was alot of fun, posing and taking pictures. The guys did very well even though they don't like taking pictures. I can't wait to get them back, my favorite one was the one with my grandpa and I. We don't have professional pictures together so it's nice to have. After that we went to this really neat place called Seven Falls. Its seven waterfalls in the mountains. Its just beautiful like the rest of Colorado. To get to the top of the falls you have to climb 266 or so stairs. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do very well with heights. But I had to see the top of the falls. They break up the stairs in two parts so you have a place to stop at, which is nice. My knees felt like they were going to give way. I was so nervous but I did it!!
It was beautiful!
Sunday was Mother's Day and it was really nice to spend the day with Ms. Shoffner for the first time. She is really an amazing woman who has been like a mother to me. I have no idea what I would do without her in my life. Through all of the things I have been through she has always been there for me. I love her so much! We spend the morning taking a hike. She loves to go for walks so it was the perfect way to start the day. After that Will and I went to a park and met up with my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was a beautiful day as always. We grilled out and had a wonderful time. That evening we went to dinner at Carabbas with Ms. Shoffner and went back to her house and watched a movie. It was a great way to spend the day.
Monday morning, the day we had to leave, we woke up early and went to Papa and Grandma's to have breakfast. She made delicous pancakes, and bacon. My cousin Mike came over and brought his two kids, Mikie and Hannah who I've never met before. It was alot of fun. Its always hard to say goodbye though. I love it out there and never want to leave. Being with family is always a nice thing. Can't wait to start planning our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment